Responding to family violence
Join us for an interactive training session to learn about different types of family violence, its impacts and its indicators. This workshop aims to help those working in community organisations to raise and respond to family violence concerns with their colleagues and group members.
You will learn about:
- family violence in Australia
- types of family violence
- its impact in community organisations
- common myths
- indicators of family violence in others
- how to ask initial questions with people at work
- how to respond appropriately to a family violence disclosure
- how to make/provide a referral to appropriate services
- relevant legislature surrounding family violence disclosures
- how to manage your self-care.
A counsellor will be onsite to provide support during the session.
1800RESPECT provides confidential online and phone counselling, information and referral service for anyone experiencing sexual assault, and domestic and family violence.
Safe Steps Family Violence and Response provides 24-hour support for women and children experiencing violence and abuse from someone close to them.
You can also find more information on our Family violence page.
Date: Mon 27 June 2022
Time: 9.00am – 12.00pm
Location: The Boroondara Room
8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell VIC 3124