½ cup rum
½ cup brandy
2 cups full cream milk
1/2 cup thickened cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (plus more for serving)
1 cup white sugar
- Beat eggs until fluffy and light.
- Add beaten eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla essence and nutmeg to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens enough to coat a metal spoon.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in rum and brandy, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the liqueur mixture into the cream.
- Serve straight away in cold glasses. Dust with nutmeg.